What if I'm planning to dig?
If you're planning to do any digging in connection with your building project, you must call Gopher State One Call at 800-252-1166 to arrange for utility companies to mark the buried utility lines in your yard. This service is free, but you should call at least 48 hours prior to digging. Learn more online at Gopher State One Call's website.

Show All Answers

1. What is a building permit?
2. When do I need a permit?
3. When is a permit not required?
4. What good does a permit do?
5. Whose responsibility is it to see that the building code is followed?
6. What if I want to do the building project myself?
7. What if I want to hire a contractor?
8. Who must be licensed?
9. Should I take the permit out for the contractor?
10. What if I'm planning to dig?