If you have a concern regarding wildlife in your yard/neighborhood, contact a wildlife expert. The City of Lakeville will only remove some wildlife and in limited situations (sick/injured/deceased).
Coyotes are a part of the community. We have more information on our Coyotes in Lakeville webpage.
When looking for a missing pet:
- Alert your neighbors as quickly as possible.
- Notify your veterinary clinic.
- Make sure your pet’s microchip info is updated with your current contact information.
- Additional lost and found pet resources can be found on the Humane Society's website.
- You can also try calling Dakota Pet Hospital at 952-469-1525 and local shelters.
The Lakeville Police Department does not house any animals or have pets for adoption.
The City of Lakeville does not have a cat ordinance and will not pick up any cats. Instead, you can contact a local shelter.
For other concerns, call Lakeville Police by dialing 911 or 651-322-2323 (Dakota 911), or you may also leave a message for a Community Service Officer at 952-985-2880.