"Stay at Home" Resources and Information
Lakeville Cares - NEW
Lakeville Cares is a place where the community can come together to help those in need. If you need groceries delivered, prescriptions picked up, a mask, or have other needs, or if you are in a position to help others, contact Lakeville Cares. Email: information@Lakevillecares.org or call 952-522-2737 and leave a message.
Meals on Wheels: If you live in Lakeville, contact 612-669-2913. $5 donation per meal is requested. Non-Lakeville residents call 952-402-9855. This is a CAP – Community Action Partnership program. Meals on Wheels
360 Communities Food Shelf: Located at Messiah Lutheran Church, 16725 Highview Avenue, Lakeville. Hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 – 6 pm by appointment only. Call 952-431-5959 ext. 311. 360 Communities
NAPS – Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors: Food and nutrition program that is designed to provide healthy food for eligible seniors each month at no cost. Distribution is the Tuesday following the 4th Monday of the month from 10 – 11 am at Messiah Lutheran Church. Call 651-484-8241 (toll-free at 1-800-365-0270) or email email@example.com for more information. Second Harvest
Grocery Services – online ordering
Store special hours for seniors and vulnerable
- Target Tue. & Wed. 7-8 a.m.
- Cub 6-7:30 a.m. every day (Heritage Cub is open 24 hrs.)
- Aldi Tue. & Thurs. 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Walmart Tue. 6-7 a.m.
- HyVee 7-8 a.m. everyday
- Lunds & Byerlys 7-8 a.m. everyday
- Sam’s Club Tue. & Thurs. 7-9 a.m.
- Costco Mon. thru Fri. 9-10 a.m.
Pharmacy Assistance in Lakeville
- Hy-Vee Free, when driver is available, 952-423-9342
- Walgreen’s Kenwood FedEx mail delivery, 952-892-5959
- Walgreen’s Cedar/160th FedEx mail delivery, 952-891-1167
- Cub Foods Kenwood Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-435-0542
- Cub Foods Heritage Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-469-8404
- Cub Foods 179th Mail delivery if you are sick, 952-891-5050
- CVS (in Target) Free mail delivery , 952-892-5454
- CVS Kenwood Will mail, 952-435-3784
- CVS Dodd Will mail, 952-432-8770
- Walmart FedEx mail delivery (2 days), 612-354-5934
- 4 Exercises Older Adults Should Do Daily
- 7 Strength, Balance, Flexibility Exercises
- Getting Fit for Life
- Exercise at Home National Institute on Aging
- Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone (You Tube)
- Get Fit at Home with Spark People (sign up for free)
- Chair Yoga with Adrienne
- Yoga & Other workouts (free through April 30)
- YMCA Yoga, Active Adults and much more
- 4 Foot Exercises for Older Adults
Fun & Games
- Ted Talks
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Crossword Puzzles
- Printable Puzzles & Mazes
- Draw Everyday with JJK
- Magic Tricks
- Online Games for Seniors
- Contagious Happiness
- Puzzles & Games
Zoom: Zoom is a computer, tablet or cell phone application that allows you to video conference with others. The basic version is free. It’s a great way to interact with people face to face.
Dakota County is now providing Books by Mail service which is available for residents who are unable to visit the library and use the Curbside Pick-up due to illness, disability or at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.