- Where is the Lakeville Fire Department Administration office located?
The address is 9465 185th Street West. There are full-time staff at this location Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The other three fire stations do not have full-time staff on duty.
- Does the Fire Department accept donated stuffed animals?
We accept donations of NEW stuffed animals. The toys need to be clean and sterile. They are handed out to help comfort children at emergency scenes.
- Will the Fire Department come to my home to fill my pool from a fire hydrant or fire truck?
The Fire Department does not have the resources to fill your pool with a truck and fire hydrants cannot be used for that purpose. Fire hydrants in the City of Lakeville are for the exclusive use of the City and cannot be used for purposes other than emergencies as determined by the City.
- Is it my responsibility to keep fire hydrants clear if they are located on my property?
There are over 3,000 fire hydrants throughout the City, and firefighters appreciate residents' help to keep them clear of snow, vegetation, and debris. In the event of a fire, precious time is lost if firefighters have to clear the hydrant before connecting hoses and equipment.
Fire hydrants should have a clearance of 36" on all sides.
- Does the Fire Department provide car seat checks?
The Lakeville Police Department provides this service by appointment only. Call 952-985-2800 to schedule an appointment. You may also visit the Minnesota Department of Public Safety website for additional locations.
- Can residents drop off old smoke detectors at the Fire Department?
Photoelectric smoke detectors can be placed in the trash. Verify the type by checking the operating manual or the back of the detector. Remove batteries before throwing away the detector. Bring all rechargeable batteries to The Recycling Zone in Eagan for free recycling. It’s safe to put non-rechargeable batteries in the trash.
Ionization smoke detectors should not be placed in the trash. Verify with the manufacturer where they should be sent for proper recycling. The Fire Department cannot accept these detectors.
- Can residents drop off old fire extinguishers or have extinguishers recharged at the Fire Department?
The Fire Department does not take old fire extinguishers. Bring fire extinguishers to a recycling center - do not throw them in the trash.
We do not have the necessary equipment to recharge fire extinguishers. Contact your local hardware store for recharging services.