Resources & Assistance
For Resources specific to the COVID-19 situation, please visit "Stay at Home" Resources and Information.
- Financial Assistance for Lakeville Residents: Lakeville residents age 62+ are eligible for $30 of financial assistance up to $30 per year. Lakeville residents age 62+ - fill out Financial Assistance for 62+ form (PDF) and return it to the Heritage Center with your membership application or activity request. Funds are available for ages 50-61 if they meet the income requirement - please fill out Financial Assistance for 50-62 form (PDF). The funds are available through Dakota County CDBG funding. Requests may be made no more than 30 days in advance of a membership or pass renewal date. If you have questions, call 952-985-4620.
- Tax assistance provided by AARP: With the Lakeville library closed for construction, tax assistance will be offered at Farmington, Apple Valley and Burnsville libraries. Download this flyer for additional details (PDF).
- Health insurance information: Medicare Changes in Minnesota Informational Video - information on the Medicare Cost Plan Sunsetting. Health Care Choices for Minnesotans on Medicare informational booklet gives you important information on Medicare
- Health insurance counselling: ONSITE COUNSELLING CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL THE HERITAGE CENTER REOPENS. Offered once per month at the Lakeville Heritage Center. Counselors provided by Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging. Call 1-800-333-2433 for an appointment time.
- Tax assistance: The Heritage Center no longer offers free income tax service appointments. Contact AARP at 800-227-7669 or search for tax aide locator on the website.
- Senior housing information: Contact the Dakota County CDA at 651-423-4800 or Common Bond at 952-469-1414
- Visit Metropolitan Council Transit Link's website or call 651-602-5465.
- Lakeville LOOP Circulator Bus - Thursday in Lakeville - The LOOP bus provides accessibility from senior housing locations to Lakeville amenities like retail, groceries and the Heritage Center at a reasonable cost. For those living at Crossroads Commons, Main Street Manor, Fairfield Terrace, Winsor Plaza and Argonne Hills: due to continued concern over COVID-19, seating restrictions apply, based on CDC guidelines. Reservations are recommended, as individuals without reservations may be asked to wait for a later LOOP. Riders are required to wear face masks. Call DARTS at 651-455-1560 for more information or to schedule a ride. Dispatchers are available from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. This service is available on Thursdays in Lakeville.
This service is provided through a partnership between the City of Lakeville and DARTS.
- Visit Metro Mobility's website or call 651-602-1111.
- Personalized rides: Visit DARTS Transportation's website or call 651-234-2290.
- GAPP Transportation is for disabled individuals or those that have no other means of transportation. Visit their website or call them at 952-953-9299.
- Mobile Menders: CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL THE HERITAGE CENTER REOPENS.
Lakeville Area Active Adults members are invited to bring in their mending items the third Thursday of the month. The volunteer group Mobile Menders will repair your apparel, hem pants, sew on buttons, etc. Bring up to three clean items that need mending to the Heritage Center between 1-3 pm on the third Thursday on the month.
- Roundabout information: Check out this great Minnesota Department of Transportation video on navigating roundabouts.
- Meals on Wheels: Sponsored by CAP Dining - 612-669-2913 (Site coordinator - Wanda).
- Free day-old bread: Monday through Friday at 10:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. at the Heritage Center for Lakeville Area Active Adults members.
- Senior dining: Served at Winsor Plaza, 20827 Howland Avenue West, Lakeville, 612-669-2913.
- Caregivers support groups:
- Ebenezer: Contact them at 952-898-3085 or visit their website.
- St. Michael Church of Farmington: Contact them at 651-463-3360 or visit their website.
- Resource Assistance - If you would like help in identifying resources available, DARTS is providing resource assistance. Call DARTS to set up an appointment by calling 651-455-1560. Types of assistance include navigating health care, home delivered meals, home chore services, mental health services and social opportunities.
- Urgent handyman service: HEART (Hosanna Emergency Action Response Team) is a group of men and women who volunteer to provide Handyman services for those who have an immediate need and cannot afford to hire someone. Supplies may need to be provided by the homeowner. Call 612-656-9522 to discuss your request.
- Notary Public: Available at Lakeville City Hall, 20195 Holyoke Avenue.
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral Program: Persons age 65 and older with household incomes less than $60,000. Call the Minnesota Department of Revenue at 651-556-6088 for guidelines.
- Senior LinkAge Line®: Minnesota Board on Aging's free statewide information and assistance service. The Senior LinkAge Line® service is provided by six Area Agencies on Aging that cover all 87 counties of Minnesota and helps connect you to local services. Call 1-800-333-2433 for more information.