Become an Election Judge
The City of Lakeville is seeking election judges for both the August 11, 2020 Primary and November 3, 2020 General Elections.
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota and able to read, write and speak English. (Student judges must be 16 or 17 years old to be an election judge trainee.)
- There are restrictions on having relatives serve together as election judges. In addition, relatives of a candidate, and anyone who temporarily or permanently lives in the same house as the candidate, cannot serve in the precinct the candidate is on the ballot. Candidates cannot serve in a precinct where they are on the ballot.
- Ability to attend a required training session approximately three hours in length.
- Ability to take time off from work to serve. Minnesota law allows you to be absent from work without penalty or loss of wages to serve as an election judge. Employer certifications can be provided to show that you are serving as an election judge.
More information on becoming an election judge can be found on the Minnesota Secretary of State’s website.
- Election judges are paid $11/hour.
- Head judges are paid $13/hour.
- All judges must be paid via direct deposit and complete all required payroll documentation.
Election Day Shifts
- Preference will be given to those election judges who can work a full day from 6 a.m. to approximately 10 p.m.
- Half-day shifts are either 6 a.m.-2 p.m. or 2 p.m. to approximately 10 p.m. NOTE: Half-day shifts will require flexibility in precinct assignment.
Complete our online election judge application indicating whether you would like to work the August 11 Primary, the November 3 General or both elections.
If you are interested in working the August 11 Primary, complete the online election judge application above and we will let you know if we still need additional judges by Thursday, July 23.
If you are only interested in working the November 3 Election, additional information will be mailed/emailed in September.
If you have additional questions, email Deputy Clerk Tamara Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.