- Doing Business
- Private Stormwater Maintenance
Private Stormwater Maintenance
To align with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s stormwater regulations, the City of Lakeville requires installation of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) within all areas of development. Maintenance of BMPs is necessary to ensure they are operating as designed. As such we are asking that you submit inspection records and maintenance schedules to meet these requirements.
Examples of BMPs include stormwater ponds, infiltration basins and underground treatment devices. Maintenance activities range in terms of the level of effort and expertise required to perform them. Routine maintenance, such as mowing and removing debris or trash, is needed multiple times each year. More significant maintenance, such as removing accumulated sediment, is needed less frequently, but requires more skilled labor and special equipment. Inspection and repair of critical structural features such as embankments and risers need to be performed by a qualified professional (e.g., structural engineer) that has experience in the construction, inspection and repair of these features.
Use this online application to submit annual inspection and maintenance schedules.
- Click location button to select property
- Application should auto fill the address based on where you selected on the map
- Verify that this address is correct in the text box
- Enter contact information (business name, contact name, property address, contact phone number, email address, etc.) for person responsible for ensuring work is completed
- Attach files and/or photos at the bottom
- If you have more than one set of documents, fill out the form additional times to attach all. Ensure address and contact information for each subsequent submission are all the same as the first.
Send an email to Patrick Martin, Environmental Resources Technician or call him at 952-985-4525 if you have questions.